About the Spade Project
SPADE is a collaboration between Higher Education Institutions, as well as public and private partners represented in the SPADE Multi-Stakeholder Platform.
The project wants to contribute to the important objective of establishing food security for the Greater Western Kenyan region through enhancing education and research capacities at Maseno University, as well as extending this expertise to partners outside academia in the form of Tailor Made Trainings and services. Realizing that this requires a holistic approach, the project draws on and includes the expertise of a number of schools at MSU, as well as a large stakeholder platform and sister platforms. The platform(s) ensure the inclusion of both governmental and entrepreneurial perspectives.
Furthermore, SPADE draws on expertise from local, regional and international experts to ensure activities are contextualized in the best way possible. The team consists of experts from:
- School of Planning and Architecture (SPA)
- School of the Arts & Social Sciences
- School of Agriculture & Food Security
- School of Business & Economics
- Maseno University Business Incubator (MUBI)
Experts and consultants
- Prof. dr. Madara Ogot – University of Nairobi
- Mr. David Ongolo – Matrix Consulting
- Mr. Frans Wittermands – Kasidi
- Ms Ans Voordouw – Voordouwconsultancy